Monday, June 29, 2009

45 Years

45 years ago, February 1964, I went to a Valentine's dance with Bernell at BYU. I bought a new red dress for the occasion and had my hair done. This was the time we began to go steady.
We were engaged March 27th and the wedding plans began.

Our wedding date was set for June 25, 1964 in the Manti Temple.

After a long drive from Bountiful early in the morning, we arrived in Manti on a hot 98 degree day and were married in that sacred House of the Lord for all time and eternity.

So now, 45 years later, here we are; just a few (well many) pounds heavier, added some gray to our crowns, added experience wrinkles to our face, inherited some aches and pains, and raised 4 wonderful daughters.

What more could we ask for......not much. We've been so blessed!!!
45 years and counting.......

4 comments:

Kristi said...

I LOVE those pictures! You both look great! 45 years is a long time! You are an inspiration for us young'uns who still have a long way to go!! Congratulations!

Becky said...

Happy, happy anniversary!

Julie said...

45 years, wow!!! Happy Anniversary!

The Hall Clan said...

Wow--45 years...congrats that you haven't killed each other at some point along the way. We had #10 this year,,,which seems weird, because I have a very distinct memory of sitting in English class my senior year wondering what my life would be like at 30 and after 10 years of marriage. Let's just say I envisioned myself as OLD. After arriving at those 2 milestones,,,I don't seem so old, and I would like to slap my 17 year old self.
So 45 will be here pronto and I hopefully won't seem so old.