Sunday, April 10, 2011

OUCH!

We just returned from a Caribbean cruise a few days ago. I really was a one eyed Pirate of the Caribbean. I know now I'm getting old when not knowing the difference between saline solution and a cleaning solution for contacts (NOT FOR EYES). The containers look nearly the same and it was a different brand than I usually use, so without my contacts in, I didn't see the writing on top that said, "Do not put in eyes". OUCH! The first morning of our cruise in went the first tainted contact. BURN! I couldn't get it out fast enough! Anyway, I thought it would just be a matter of time and it would start feeling better. No, it got worse. Went to the ship's doctor to learn I had burned my cornea from one side to the other and at the first port which was a day and half later, we would probably have to leave the ship and go home for further treatment.

Bernell and our good friend traveling with us gave me a priesthood blessing. When I returned to the doctor the morning of our first port, he checked my eye and it was almost totally healed! He was speechless. We know the answer......

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Ouch is right!! So sorry that happened, but glad it got better.

Julie said...

Nice patch!
I'm glad you healed up & were able to enjoy your trip!