Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Lawn Mower Won't Start!

How many of us have said this through the years, "I can't get the lawn mower to start!"
I did a couple of weeks ago after filling the tank of old reliable which started nicely for me for quite a few years. It just wouldn't start. Bernell came out and couldn't figure out what was wrong either, so he took it to Sears repair shop. They said he'd be better off buying a new one, so he did. Brought it home, filled it up; it wouldn't start either! Took it back, the nice salesman give him another new mower. Guess what, we couldn't get new#2 to start. Bernell removed all the gas. OK....it....was kerosene! Well......I started using gas from another red gas can in the shed but didn't know it wasn't 87 octane gas. Smelled the same to me. Needless to say, Sears now has a prefectly good old mower full of kerosene, a new mower full of kerosene, and we have a nice new mower that runs great! Bernell called Sears to let them know of his wife's "gas"tly mistake but the person on the other end's English was poor so don't know if they got our gas message or not.

1 comment:

Julie said...

This story still makes me laugh!