Monday, September 29, 2008

My Friend Karla

My friend Karla came and picked me up today for a luncheon date. We first knew each other clear back in 1955, 53 years ago. My family moved into a new house and she lived across the street.
We became good friends, played together and went to 5th and 6th grade together. This is our school picture.

My family had to move to California because of a job transfer and so our ways parted even though we moved back in only a year. Our lives were very different for the next 40 or so years, me raising a family and Karla teaching many hundreds of children in elementary school. But now we've resumed our friendship and occasionally do fun things together. Don't play paper dolls or jacks anymore but enjoy each other once again!
A true friend is person who will ALWAYS be a friend. Karla is a true friend!

No comments: