Friday, August 21, 2009

Looks OK

"Mrs. Loveridge, you can wake up now," I heard the Anesthesiologist say in the OR at LDS Hospital two days ago. Last thing I remember was the nurse stretching my right arm out on an extension from the table I was laying on. What an experience; thought I just blinked, but the mass removal which was deeply embedded in my right breast was all done. The best words I heard later were from Bernell, "The surgeon said it doesn't look like it should be cancerous, it looks OK." After 3 weeks of worry and getting my right side squished over 20 times in different positions on 3 separate occasions in radiology, what a relief to hear those words. My 2 sisters weren't so lucky. Both have had breast cancer removals and now Annette has to go in for a third time. Given this family history, the doctors acted quickly when an abnormality showed up on my mammogram. I give the nurses, doctors, and staff an A+. We do have the best care right here!

8 comments:

Emily Hartvigsen said...

Glad you're okay. I had to go under when I had Charlie because I had an emergency c-section and the epidural wasn't working. It's the strangest feeling, and scary! But I woke up moments later like I had just taken a short nap.
I hope all goes well with you and Susan and Annette! :)

Megan Parr said...

We're all so grateful you're doing well, Grandma. We love you.

Porter said...

Wow Nancy! Last I looked your sister was having trouble and now you. I am so glad all went well for you. What a scare. I know you are a great support for your sisters. I also have a friend here in VA that is only 35 and is having cancer treatments. She is doing very well. Keep me posted. Miss ya!

Carolyn Loveridge said...

Great to hear the news. I hope it can be as good for your sister this time around. Keep us posted.

Becky said...

We're all very relieved for you and I'm glad it went well. Phew! We can breathe for a minute, at least.

Julie said...

I'm happy it all went well & that you had a good anesthesiologist!
I guess we'll have a mammo party for one of our ladies nights in 6 months or so!

Lynette said...

We are soo happy everything went okay! We'll keep you in our prayers!

The Hall Clan said...

What a relief!!!! I bet that was a long long 3 weeks, but now you can breathe a little easier.