Sunday, August 31, 2008

Wind

The wind blew all night long last night as I tried to sleep hearing it cause some apples to drop off the tree next to our bedroom window and listening to it rattle the blinds.
...........I don't like wind.

After arising this morning and getting dressed, I walked into the kitchen and saw out the back window the number it did on our peach tree. The wind took off a whole main branch.
...........I don't like wind.

Now Bernell gets to cut the tree down after the peaches on the remaining limbs ripen.

About 14 years ago, we had a good gust rip through our back yard taking the shed roof with it.

The whole thing lifted off and slammed into the fence surrounding the vegetable garden smashing it to the ground.
............I don't like wind.

18 years ago in 1990, Bernell and I went on our first cruise. Mac and Sue were with us and her sister and husband came . We had a great time. We went on the old Dawn Princess.

Like the similarity of my wind-blown hair to the trademark of the Princess cruises.

I guess sometimes wind can be fun but I sure had a bad hair day that day!


I guess wind can be romantic if you're on top of the Titanic with Leonardo DeCaprio and Kate Winslet.

Humm....do I look romantic here.......I think not.
Do any of us look romantic? Probably not...but the wind's great!
Well, I guess it might have some good things about it. Some people like to ride in convertibles and it's necessary for sail boating. Wind power can generate some electricity, and can clear out some haze from time to time.
But...........I still don't like wind.....

3 comments:

Arnold said...

I'm so sorry to see the wind damage in your back yard. What a shame!

Becky said...

Wow, those are quite the pictures. I'm glad you weren't blown off the ship. And though I'm not a fan of peaches, I'm sorry the tree is a goner.

tFool said...

Well, I like to sail, so I guess I do like the wind, but I prefer winds a bit more mild than those. So you went on your first cruise in 1990? So I guess I won't feel too bad about being 35 without ever going on a cruise, but I will worry if I don't get on one by 55.