Sunday, September 28, 2008

An Apple a Day.......

They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Well....we have enough to keep him away for quite a while.

This past week, Bernell and I picked about 7 or 8 bushels from our golden delicious tree in the back yard. Anyone for apple pie, apple cobbler, apple muffins, baked apple, apple sauce, or apple jelly? I made some apple-plum jelly yesterday. Bernell made some apple muffins this morning.
I took several large grocery size bags to all our daughters and Bernell's given some to friends.
These are some we still have left.
We also have a red delicious tree in front. They are just about ready, too. Anyone need some apples?
.....Maybe our neighbor across the street would like some. He can see this tree from his house and maybe he can enjoy some of these ....I hope so!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Mmm, I love red delicious apples. You forgot to mention apple crisp. I think I need to make apple crisp sometime soon.

Kristi said...

MMMMMMM, I'll take some! But I guess I do live a bit too far...

Julie said...

I'm with Becky on the apple crisp. No one else in my house eats much of it though (are you surprised?). Maybe I should do that for Sarah's birthday next week, she'd be mad!