Saturday, December 20, 2008

Lynda's Birthday

37 years ago today, Lynda made her appearance into our family. A second daughter! Wow, never thought I'd have 2 girls. Nice Christmas present; brought her home from the hospital in a little red Christmas sock the nurses made for all December babies. Lori wasn't quite sure what to make of this new little sister.

So we had a nice Christmas celebration with our family and our new little daughter.

1973 ----- When Lynda had her 2nd birthday, we decided to have Santa come and make it special. Lynda and Lori are having fun sitting on his knee.
1974 ---- Santa came again next year, too.
And again all the aunts, uncles, cousin, grandmas, and grandpas came. This is Lynda, Ken, LaRae, and Sue.
Here are Elwood, Reva, Dad, Mom, Woody, and Annette enjoying dinner at the pool table; we'd add the ping pong board top which then made a very large table in the basement for the numerous crowd.
1975 ---- Another Christmas birthday cake.
.......and again lots of family, cousins, and of course, Santa! Annette is sitting on the fireplace, and children of Arnold, Woody, and Beth look like they are excited to see Santa.
I've introduced our 3rd daughter, Julie, to Santa this year.

1976 ---- This is a special picture of Reva (Grandma Loveridge). It's the last one we ever took of her. She passed away only a few weeks after this birthday Santa party.
1977 ---- Lynda drew a Christmas picture of a snowman and an angel. When I decorated her birthday cake, I copied her drawing and iced the cake with the same figures.
1978 ---- Santa came one last time for Lynda's birthday. And again, everyone had a good time with him. We continued to have a big family gathering on her day celebrating her birthday and the Christmas season.

Lynda is a special daughter, now with a busy family of her own. I am so privileged to be her mom and love her very much.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYNDA!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I LOVED seeing these pictures!! Especially of Grandma....ones I've never seen before! Happy Birthday to Lynda!

Julie said...

Those pictures were fun to see. I have no idea how you did the 1975 party with 3 week old me!

Emily Hartvigsen said...

Wow!! Those pictures are FANTASTIC! I'm lovin' my dad's sideburns. You made my day. I love the one of the whole family.