Sunday, April 12, 2009

Good-bye Janet

My next door neighbor of 40 years passed away this morning. She'd been suffering from bone cancer since last fall. Janet and Les Kaas moved into their home about 2 years after us.

Going to miss her. She was a kind person, always had a smile. Our daughters loved to play over there as they were growing up. They could tell many stories of the mischief they'd get into when playing with their girls.



I last visited Janet on her birthday, March 31st. She's the same age as I. These are pictures of her that day as she enjoyed the many visits from family.

Good-bye, Janet....we'll miss you.

3 comments:

Lynda said...

Even though I haven't seen her for ages, it's still strange to think she is gone. I don't like change much, especially this kind. She was a beautiful person, and very tolerant. We were obnoxious children!

Jared and Lisa said...

Thanks for featuring her lovingly here. I think to cope I think of her as having gone for a bit, like on an extended vacation. Although I think she's working more than vacationing. She loved Easter. She loved our home. And she loved our great neighbors! There was no other place and no better time to go than the way she did, considering the circumstances. Thank you for your support.

Julie said...

It is hard to think that she is gone. She was always so patient with Lisa & me & all our messes & other stuff. I'm glad she did not hang on too long though.