Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Grandparents Day at School

Every year my grandchildren who go to Sego Lily Elementary in Lehi invite me to Grandparents Day. Since I'm the only grandma in the area, I get the privilege of being there and having all their attention! Isaac and Allie had a good time.

Many activities were planned for everybody as we moved from classroom to classroom.
Allie lead the way through the halls weaving in and out of all the many other grandparents and kids leaving this grandma in the dust. But eventually I'd catch up and join in and observe the next one. Things such as board games, coloring, video games, sing-a-longs, hand painting, etc. were done.

But I think the favorite was icing and decorating their own cookie. We made a return trip for this one. Allie and Isaac seemed to like it best, so did I! Ummm, good. Ahh the joys of being a grandma.

2 comments:

Megan Parr said...

That's cute!
Do you remember your first grandparent's day? When I was in first grade? Ah, good times. I remember we were writing a list of favorites and I told you my favorite food was bologna and you spelled it b-o-l-o-g-n-a, but the teacher couldn't read it! Wow that was a long story. Anyways, I wish we still had grandparents day. Except the grandparents might run away screaming if they went to the high school.

--Megan--

Anonymous said...

Mom, thanks for coming!! The kids always look forward to grandparents day!